One of the most important steps towards changing yourself is to know what motivates you. Once you discover what drives you, you can use it to jumpstart everything that you need to do for a total transformation.
Know more about yourself by reflecting on your biggest achievement in life and what you did to realize it.
There are certain questions that will help you understand yourself more and your source of motivation.
Be honest in answering these questions and write them down for analysis later:
- What do you see as your greatest life achievement to date?
- How did you go about doing it?
- What kept you motivated to reach your objective?
- How did you keep yourself inspired?
- How important is your ultimate objective to you?
After answering these questions, take the time to recollect just how happy you felt during that moment when you knew that you finally achieved your goal.
Motivation differs from one person to the other. However, your dreams will likely remain the same over time.
In most cases though, people often choose to abandon their lofty dream and downgrade it to something that is easier to realize. However, settling for something less may not give you that sense of fulfillment knowing that it isn’t your genuine dream in the first place.
But you can find a way to stop yourself from losing hope and motivation. It is to always keep in touch with the way you feel about your dreams and to remind yourself of those feelings, especially during an emotional crisis.
Use this list to understand your feelings about your dreams better:
- Do you want people to acknowledge you and your achievements?
- Do you want to help your family?
- Do you get your sense of personal satisfaction by proving that you
are an important figure or that you can realize all your goals?
- Do you always stick to doing the right thing?
- Do you want to improve your financial status?
- Do you feel passionate about life and let it consume you?
- Did you have a difficult childhood, enough that you would not want to
experience it again in adulthood?
- Do you always want to feel in control and do something that contributes to achieving your dreams?
- Do you handle changes positively?
- Do you feel even more determined to achieve your goals once you
see them written down clearly as your priorities?
Many of these questions pertain to your feelings about your goals in life. Make sure to put these questions somewhere visible as a daily reminder of why you should continue pursuing your dreams no matter what.
These should help you hold on to the motivated you!